Spring into Quant Finance 2023
This year marks our first Spring Insights Week where attendees will get a unique insight into the world of Quantitative Finance and G-Research. We’ll be running the event again next year.
Register your details below if you’re interested in attending our 2023 edition.Register your interest
Where we hire interns
The following teams run summer internship programmes:
- Quantitative Research – help us use rigorous scientific methodology, robust statistical analysis, and pattern recognition to analyse data ecosystems in order to extract deep insights
- Software Engineering – help evolve legacy systems, take on projects in a number of new research fields, and contribute to important OpenStack work
- Data Analytics – help extract business insights from data for a variety of senior internal stakeholders
And the following teams run industrial placements (6-12 months):
- Technology – learn what it’s like to work in IT Support, Security Operations, Big Data DevOps, or Network Operations
- Human Resources – learn what it means to be a strong HR professional in a leading technology business
Scroll down to learn a little more about each team and what your internship with them might involve.
Quantitative Research, Machine Learning and Data Science
During our Summer Research Programme internship, you will work on your own challenging research project. This will demand innovative yet pragmatic mathematical and computational approaches. Using rigorous scientific methodology, robust statistical analysis, and pattern recognition, you will analyse a data ecosystem, extracting deep insights.
Recent internship projects have included:
- Natural Language Processing (NLP) projects, such as understanding and improving how state-of-the-art NLP models incorporate numbers when they appear in text
- Exploring how uncertainty in trading volume predictions can in turn be used to trade more effectively
- Building a complex machine learning model to help predict upcoming earnings for businesses
Interns will also be given a £1,500 budget to spend on attending relevant conferences and events, allowing them to further their knowledge in their desired technical area.
Application process: After applying online, applicants will progress to a quantitative test, then go through a triage interview and three further interviews to test their technical knowledge, before ultimately having a final interview with a Quant Group Head.
You will work with evolving legacy systems, taking on projects in a number of new research fields, and contributing to important OpenStack work. The role will also involve enhancing and supporting the existing trade technology platform and associated toolset, as well as designing and implementing high-quality code to work with large data sets.
You’ll also get the chance to work on an internship project, where you’ll help develop tools and applications across the business.
Application process: After applying online, applicants progress to complete an online HackerRank test, before attending an online assessment centre.
Gain experience in the growing field of data analytics while making a real contribution to the quality of decision making in a market-leading company. Your placement will include meeting with stakeholders, particularly senior management, to scope requirements and then using a range of techniques to answer questions using data. You will present findings and recommendations based on your analysis to departments across the business.
Application process: After applying online, applicants progress to complete an online test, followed by a series of interviews to test their technical knowledge, before a final interview with their prospective team manager(s).
We offer various technology placements in IT Support, Security Operations, Big Data DevOps and Network Operations. Each placement offers an insight into the latest technologies available and the opportunity to work on a breadth of projects with senior colleagues.
Application Process: Depending on the specific role, applicants can expect to complete an online technical test, followed by either interviews or a virtual assessment centre.
During this placement you will learn what it means to be a strong HR professional in a leading technology business. You will rotate across two-to-three key HR and Talent functions with unique responsibilities for identifying and supporting some of the best people in their field. These include Talent Development, HR Change, HR Core, HR Analytics, and Talent Acquisition.
Application process: After applying online, applicants will be progress to completing a written task, before being invited to a virtual assessment centre.