G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
The Finance team at G-Research is looking for an Accountant to join them and take responsibility for a wide range of operational tasks. Reporting into the Finance Manager, you will be expected to work along-side the different members of the team guiding BAU duties as well as exploratory project focussed work. You will also drive process improvement and utilize your existing expertise to create change. Responsibilities include:
- Ad hoc financial analysis, using data analytic techniques.
- Driving financial and non-financial process improvements.
- Partnering with various parts of the business to generate their budgets.
- Overseeing budget control and implementing best practice in this area.
- Implementing financial systems then training junior members of the team to operate them.
- Ad hoc projects and reporting.
Who are we looking for?
Working in a close-knit team within a central department in the company, we expect you to have fantastic communication skills as well as a flexible and proactive mind set. You should be autonomous with desire to impact business processes and already have the following technical skills:
- ACA Qualification.
- Experience with financial systems.
- Big 4 accountancy firm (or similar) experience.
- A desire to fully own areas and take responsibility for them.
- The ability to adapt, to change, and to drive process improvements.
- Strong understanding of financial best practice.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines