Adversary Emulation Specialist
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. We use scientific techniques, big data and world-class technology to predict future movements in financial markets, and develop the platform to deploy these ideas globally.
You will join the Security Assurance (SA) section responsible for providing assessment of the security posture directly to the Board. You will be part of the Adversary Emulation (AE) team that is responsible for delivering assessments of the effectiveness of security controls, both procedural and technical, against a variety of threat actors (internal and external). Team members combine expertise and imagination to develop and use innovative methods to identify and validate the existence of weaknesses in the organisation’s security posture.
More specifically, as an adversary emulation specialist on the CA team you will be responsible for:
• Executing internal and external red-team engagements
• Performing penetration tests
• Developing and documenting tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs)
• Improving the capabilities of the team
• Writing technical and executive level reports after each engagement
Who are we looking for?
You will have a strong background in Information Security with demonstrable practical experience in penetration testing and red team operations in a corporate environment. The successful candidate will be an individual with:
• Strong understanding of network fundamentals
• Strong understanding of Windows and Linux operating systems
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrable ability to develop scripts in common languages (e.g., Python, Ruby, VBA)
• Certification from Offensive Security (e.g., OSCP, OSCE) or CREST (e.g., CRT, CCT)
• Experience with Infrastructure as code (e.g., Ansible, Terraform)
• Knowledge of reverse engineering techniques and procedures
• Experience programming in C/C++, C#, Assembly
• Experience with commercial and open-source remote access tools (e.g., Cobalt Strike, PoshC2, etc.)
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines