Cloud Security Engineer
Imagine writing the code at the core of your company’s success
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
Software Engineering is core to our business. By designing and implementing real-time systems, our engineers are solving some of the world’s most complex financial problems.
The Cloud Engineering Team has a very robust approach to security that aims to guarantee the protection of Intellectual Property and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the extensive security infrastructure. Security Engineering is tasked with managing planning, design, deployment, maintenance and operation of security infrastructure, including perimeter security.
The Cloud Security Engineer will be responsible for the delivery of new cloud infrastructure and security capabilities, the remediation of operational and security risks, ensuring security enforcement and compliance, support of investigations and incident response.
Reporting to the Cloud Engineering Manager, the candidate will specialise in cloud technologies implementation, auditing and related security enforcing technologies. You will also be expected to get involved with and learn the security technologies and business processes across the spectrum in order to gain a better understanding of information flow and providing end-to-end consistent security.
Who are we looking for?
Candidates applying for this role should have skills and experience in the following
- Securing, auditing and maintaining Linux distributions
- Infrastructure as a Service technologies – OpenStack, AWS, Azure, GCP
- Securing and auditing OpenStack, AWS, Azure, GCP
- Automation skills for deploying, managing and securing infrastructure with Terraform and Ansible
- CI/CD – Jenkins and Git version control
- Deploying and troubleshooting firewall, WAF and proxy configurations with Check Point, F5 and Squid
- Knowledge of authentication and certificate management using HashiCorp Vault, AD and Oauth2
- Coding and scripting skills in Python and Bash
This role requires candidates with drive, energy and a passion for cloud and security technologies with attention to detail and a desire to analyse situations rather than just follow instructions blindly. The daily operations aspect of the role involves liaising with users up to the executive level, so good interpersonal and communication skills are very important for this role.
It is expected that the successful applicant will have a minimum of five years of experience working in a systems infrastructure, security operations or IT support role.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines