G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
G-Research has been going through an exciting period of growth and transforming the way we run and build our technology platforms. As part of this transformation, we developed a Commercial Management team in 2018 and we are now looking for an experienced commercial manager to come on board and help support the continued development of this function and supporting the Head of Commercial Management.
The position will be pivotal to developing the capabilities of the Commercial team. Being a new team, this is a great opportunity for the right person to be able to grow and make their own mark. You will be working with leading technology vendors, communication suppliers and start-ups. You will be involved in the final stages of the implementation of our Purchase-to-Pay and Travel Management systems along with the ongoing management of these and the on-boarding of all areas of the firm on to these new tools. You will have excellent analytical skills to manage the analysis of spend data and monthly budgets/forecasting.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Executing the day-to-day deliverables of the commercial management team to meet the company objectives and KPIs
- Able to review, draft and negotiate contracts, particularly in Communications and Market Data
- Managing the Purchase-to-Pay and Travel Management systems
- Work with the business undertaking monthly budget forecasts and leading the annual budget process for Commercial Management.
- Setup and own monthly spend analysis and reports across the business
- Mentoring junior team members and providing support and development in their development as a procurement professional
- Supporting the Head of Commercial management as and when required
Who are we looking for?
You will have good knowledge with 5-10 years’ experience of commercial management/procurement in medium sized business:
- Experience working in a small high impact commercial/procurement team with the ability to take on all tasks within the P2P process, previous implementation experience of a P2P solution would be preferable
- Ability to review agreements from a commercial viewpoint and liaise with legal teams
- Previous exposure to Market Data vendors and agreements is desirable
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Experience with budget management and spend analysis reporting and ability to work with business stakeholders
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical, (Excel) skills
- Use of Tableau for reporting purposes is desirable
G-Research has high academic hiring standards and prefers degree-qualified candidates. One thing all successful candidates have in common is a passion to use technology, new concepts and new ideas to solve complicated problems.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines