Compliance Assurance Specialist
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
The role is responsible for validating and reviewing that the company Security Policy and risk management requirements are implemented in line with G-R’s security vision.
Reporting to the Head of Compliance, you will be responsible for building and running a compliance framework enabling identification of any significant issues related to the implementation of Security Policy.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Ensuring that appropriate tooling and technology is in place to identify issues
- Building and running compliance processes and procedures
- Working with the Business Areas to ensure clear alignment with Security protocols
- Ensuring that issues are identified, reported and resolved in a timely manner
- Ensuring that there is visibility of the Compliance status across the entire organisation
- Defining and developing an education programme to ensure awareness and understanding of security and compliance requirements and vision across the business
- Identify opportunities to provide additional security services and work across internal organisational boundaries, where necessary, to progress those opportunities
- Provide support for internal and external reviews e.g. preparation activities for assurance and risk reviews, support data collection, respond to data / meeting requests etc. Respond to security related assurance and review findings including developing and tracking action plans.
- Provide informal security reviews for G-Research-delivered processes or architectures to ensure that security requirements are completed.
- Provide objective, informed and impartial guidance on various risk, compliance, governance and operational security issues.
- Maintain and enhance effective working relationships with the Business and Functional Area management to enable the timely resolution of Compliance and Risk issues
- Actively seek out opportunities to improve the security posture of G-research by researching new security technologies / practices
- Proactively drive operational compliance across the G-Research estate
- Understand Security weaknesses across G-Research and proactively drive through to conclusion action plans to resolve
- Provide consultancy on compliance and risk management matters and ensure G-Research delivery staff implement the required security controls
- Establish, create and maintain the Security Compliance documentation.
- Provide metrics and reporting on Security Compliance posture and current activities as required.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level
- Have at least 5 years’ experience in building and managing Security Compliance and Risk processes and organisations.
- Have least 3 years’ experience of supervisory responsibility
- Preferably hold professional qualification such as CISSP or CISM
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines