Core HR Manager
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
The Core HR function is an umbrella term that covers the key functions of our HR department, the core data captured about employees and the software used to manage our core HR processes.
Core HR covers four distinct areas:
- Key functions of the HR department, including due diligence, contract management, compliance, on-boarding, payroll and benefits administration, performance management, policies and procedures, etc.
- Core HR information, including personnel information, organizational structures, absence management, etc.
- Core HR software, including HR software and technology used to manage the core HR information and processes pertaining to personnel
- HR process improvements, working with our analytics & process engineering teams to identify inefficiencies and implement new ways of working
We are looking for a Core HR Manager who will be overseeing each of these areas. Key responsibilities include:
- Providing direction on core processes, such as on-boarding, employee engagement, performance management, HR policy and procedures, and other initiatives
- Working closely with HR Business Partners, the Head of Reward and the Head of Talent Development in delivering a coherent and aligned HR capability to the business
- Running an effective on-boarding process that supports the business strategy and growth
- Managing an efficient performance management programme in partnership with the Talent Development team, including reporting and calibration
- Maintaining high quality employee data and records by implementing a proper HR software system(s)and process(es), and using data analytics to assess and pro-actively predict trends and potential issues
- Delivering a benefits programme by assessing benefit needs and trends, including recommending improvements to management, where needed
- Maintaining adequate HR policies and procedures in partnership with the Legal team
Who are we looking for?
You will be an experienced HR professional who is agile, adapts quickly and thrives in fluid environments. Core competencies include:
- Possessing excellent relationship management and advisory skills; well-developed commercial awareness and impeccable judgement
- Being pragmatic and take a common-sense approach to problems
- Leadership credentials and experience of managing teams
- Taking a highly collaborative approach and showing an enthusiasm to work centrally in a coordinating role
- Intellectual curiosity with an ability to seek out future trends, analyse business requirements and translate them into innovative and pragmatic solutions
- Strong organisational and project management skills; able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines