Technology & Operations
Corporate Applications Engineer
Imagine introducing the next generation of technology to a platform in real-time.
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
We are developing the next generation of infrastructure that can effortlessly scale and flex. This capability allows us to adapt to the demanding needs of the business to process and analyse large and varied data sets at speed.
We are looking for an experienced IT engineer to join our Corporate Applications team. You will work in the newly formed Enterprise Business Services group that is responsible for all the Corporate IT services. This is a dynamic role where you will be working with a wide array of technologies and applications, including the management and maintenance of the underlying infrastructure.
You will be given the opportunity to take real ownership of projects and it will be your responsibility to design, deploy and maintain new and existing applications, ensuring that all deliverables are met with key stakeholders and project management.
The firm is making exciting inroads into Open Source and Cloud technology, so there is good scope for you to gain exposure to new technologies and help implement and support these platforms. The responsibilities will include:
- Implementation of new applications and infrastructureCarrying out improvement work, upgrades and maintenance of our existing managed applications
- Take ownership of BAU related work and ensure users/peers are kept up to date with progress through timely feedback
- Liaising with 3rd party vendors on support issues, feature requests and licensing
- Driving the company’s cloud-adoption when implementing new solutions
- Making use of automation when possible
- Documentation of processes and procedures to a high standard
- Providing out-of-hours support on a rotating basis and undertaking business impacting work such as migrations and upgrades as and when required
Who are we looking for?
You will be a skilled Analyst/Engineer with at least 2 year’s experience and a strong track record of successfully delivering and supporting systems throughout the entire product life cycle. Equally, we are open to someone who is looking to take the career step up from a primary Analyst/Support role with more of a focus on engineering.
One thing you will have in common with the rest of the team is a passion to use technology, and a desire to seek new concepts and ideas to solve complicated problems.You will also have the following skills:
- Experience of designing, installing and supporting 3rd party applications at an enterprise level
- Experience of Linux and Windows Operating systems
- Strong investigative and troubleshooting skills
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively to peers throughout the business, ranging from high level executive stakeholder / customers, to technical support and engineering staff
- A good understanding of networking technologies such as DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, LAN’s and WAN’s
- A general understanding of SQL
- Good scripting skills (PowerShell, Python, Bash, etc.) with a desire to improve
Experience of the following would also be desirable but not essential:
- Experience in administrating the Atlassian suite of products (Jira, Confluence)
- Exposure to Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop / NetScaler
- Business intelligence and analytics software (Tableau, Alteryx)
- Experience with Automation tooling (Ansible, AWX)
- SAAS implementation and administration
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube line