Cyber Security Engineer – Infrastructure
Imagine being given the remit to secure the data, not pass an audit.
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
Keeping our ideas safe and secure is crucial to our success. That’s why we use pioneering techniques that predict and protect us from attacks. Together, we’re building the next generation of security approaches and thinking.
Joining as a Cyber Security Engineer you will work as part of the Security Implementation Group that has a very robust approach to security, aims to guarantee the protection of Intellectual Property and is responsible for the day to day management of the extensive security infrastructure. Security Engineering is tasked with managing planning, design, deployment, maintenance and operation of security infrastructure, including perimeter security.
Reporting to the Security Engineering Manager this role will be responsible for :
- The delivery of new security capabilities
- The remediation of operational and security risks
- Ensuring security enforcement and compliance
- Support of investigations and incident response.
Although, the candidate will specialise in systems implementation, auditing and identity related security technologies, the candidate is expected to get involved with and learn the security technologies and business processes across the spectrum in order to gain a better understanding of information flow and providing end to end consistent security.
Who are we looking for?
- You will have extensive experience of Securing, auditing and maintaining Security Infrastructure components and applications on Windows platforms.
- Managing and deploying a variety of technologies and appliances, in particular: CyberArk, Checkpoint, Carbon Black and Trend.
- You will be able to display an understanding and have working experience of: Network Infrastructure components (including audit technologies such as skybox), IPS, SIEM, WAFs, Load Balancers, physical access control systems.
- Experience of securing, auditing and maintaining Linux as well as public and private cloud deployments would be beneficial.
- You will have drive, energy and a passion for Information Security technologies with attention to detail and a desire to analyse situations rather than just follow instructions blindly. The daily operations aspect of the role involves liaising with users up to the executive level, so good interpersonal and communication skills is very important.
- You will have a minimum of five years of experience working in a systems infrastructure, security operations or IT support role. Past experience within medium to large sized investment banks, hedge funds and asset management companies would be beneficial.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events