Data Analytics Internship
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
This is a great opportunity gain experience in the growing field of data analytics while making a real contribution to the quality of decision making in a market-leading company.
Data is at the heart of our business. The ability to use the information available to us to drive management decisions is a core driver of competitive advantage for the firm, making our data analytics team a key function in the firm.
Our team operates a world-class business information platform using Tableau, Alteryx and other tools to create a set of dynamic and highly available reports used across the firm from individual teams to senior management.
In this role you will:
• Use your analytical skills and business acumen to source, analyse and visualise a wide range of data
• Meet with stakeholders to scope requirements
• Use a range of analytical and statistical techniques to answer questions using data
• Present findings and recommendations based on your analysis
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a strong undergraduate or masters student in a numerical subject (Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Physics, Engineering etc.) in their penultimate year of study at a top tier institution who:
• Is enthusiastic about data visualisation and can demonstrate interest in data/statistical analysis
• Has excellent problem-solving ability
• Has good communication skills and is able to work effectively as part of a team
• Has a self-starting attitude and willingness to learn
Although exposure to specific applications or technical languages is not required, experience with Python, Matlab, Excel, R, Excel, Tableau, Alteryx or similar languages/applications would be a positive.
Why should you apply?
• Highly competitive compensation
• Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
• Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
• 25 days holiday pro-rata
• Cycle-to-work scheme
• Subsidised gym membership
• Monthly company events
• Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
This internship is available for 3 or 6 months, ending in September 2020. We are exclusively looking for those in their penultimate year of University with a view of converting strong performers into full time employees in 2021.