Data Management Analyst
Imagine building the software that finds the needle in the real-world data haystack.
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
Software Engineering is core to our business. By designing and implementing real-time systems, our engineers are solving some of the world’s most complex financial problems.
Our Data Operations team are looking for someone to work alongside our existing data analytics team. You will have a proven background in data analysis developing bespoke dashboards for analysis. You will have the opportunity to shape the role with your own ideas, leading with expertise from previous roles to develop existing and future processes and procedures. Your responsibilities in this role will include but not be limited to:
- Have a strong understanding of global exchange traded data
- Have detailed practical working knowledge of the challenges faced working with reference data.
- Understand and document new and existing data models
- Provide analysis for data quality and assurance for intra-day market data, identifying and resolving issues.
- Perform data validation across a number of external data sets using data visualisation.
- Expected to take the initiative to explore different ways of performing tasks but will also follow specific requirements
- Co-opt stakeholders to drive a data management culture
- Create and analyse bespoke analytics on behalf of key stake holders.
- Create custom dashboards for big data analyses employing a range of interactive visualizations methods
You will have the opportunity to drive the success of a new function and have the autonomy to make the role your own, with excellent growth and advancement opportunities. This is a truly multi-faceted role requiring a careful blend of technical and interpersonal skills so you can expect to be stimulated and challenged on a daily basis with a range of new and interesting problems to solve.
Who are looking for?
You will be a pragmatic, motivated and conscientious professional with a background in data analysis or management. You will collaborate with Engineers, Quantitative Researchers and your peers, so exemplary written and oral communication skills coupled with an approachable and proactive manner are key.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events