Data Science Internship
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. Using the latest scientific techniques and advanced analysis methods, we find patterns in large, noisy data to produce world-beating predictive research.
– 10 week summer programme (July to September 2020)
– 09:00-17:30 working hours
– Based in Central London
Our business is to predict the future of financial markets, applying scientific techniques to find patterns in large, noisy, and rapidly changing datasets. Our mission as a team is to help discover, enrich and analyse data sources that will drive tomorrow’s research initiatives.
In this role, you will apply your knowledge to support the exploration, enrichment and even creation of new datasets for research. You will use your knowledge of data blending, statistical analysis, and machine learning methods to help scale and automate the way we analyse, validate and visualise diverse data sources; and you will help build tooling to enable data science initiatives across the company.
This is a team at the forefront of the company’s data strategy, responsible for finding solutions to some of the many important data challenges within the firm, meaning you will have a unique opportunity to make an impact from the beginning. The successful candidate will be comfortable working within a multi-disciplinary team, collaborating with industry leading data scientists and financial experts, developing solutions that adapt to a rapidly changing data landscape.
The role will offer exposure to cutting-edge technologies in a high growth industry, with opportunities to learn about multi-asset class systematic investing and big data development in an innovative and forward-thinking firm.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will, at minimum, have experience in most of the following areas:
- A strong undergraduate or Masters student in a numerical subject (Machine Learning, NLP, Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of Python and PySpark, in particular packages such as Pandas, Numpy, SciPy, Matplotlib (or equivalent)
- Practical understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience selecting, developing and refining machine learning models
- Knowledge and/or interest in Natural Language Processing
- Demonstrable proficiency in statistical data analysis and data visualisation
- Confidence to build relationships with both internal teams and external vendors, and ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Previous financial experience is not required, although an interest in financial markets and securities is desirable
- Self-starting positive attitude, ability to thrive in an autonomous environment and willingness to learn
- We also like to see active Git Hub/Kaggle profiles (but these aren’t a prerequisite)
Previous experience in finance is not required, although an interest in finance and the motivation to rapidly learn more is a prerequisite for working here.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus accommodation allowance
- Active G-Research community with weekly intern activities
- Company-wide summer party and weekend away
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
*** Want to meet our quant team?***
We are running interactive presentations with members of our quant team in the coming weeks. To register your interest in attending please email your name and your preferred location to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Cambridge, Thursday 26th September
Oxford – TBCAPPLY NOW >