Technology & Operations
PostgreSQL Database Engineer
Imagine introducing the next generation of technology to a platform in real-time.
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
We are developing the next generation of infrastructure that can effortlessly scale and flex. This capability allows us to adapt to the demanding needs of the business to process and analyse large and varied data sets at speed.
We are looking for an experienced PostgreSQL Database Engineer to support all aspects of our PostgreSQL estate, and also help support the SQL Server and Cassandra database platforms. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to contribute through self-service and automation. You will gain exposure working on the latest hardware and software technologies in a forward-thinking company who value innovation, personal development and training. As a PostgreSQL Database Engineer, you will:
- Support and expand the PostgreSQL estate. This estate has rapidly grown from 0 to 80 instances in the last 6 months
- Work closely with other engineering teams – developing Infrastructure as Code, self-service and Continuous Integration solutions with automation and scripting
- Implement technologies that will enable the team to transition to a Database as a Service model (K8s, Containers etc.)
- Design and maintain a business-critical multi-site environment utilising a variety of HADR technologies such as Clustering, Availability Groups, REPMGR, PaceMaker and Corosync
- Advise on design and indexing issues, security, performance tuning and implementing code changes on our supported platforms
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have:
- Production DBA experience with PostgreSQL
- Coding/scripting experience in any language, ideally Ansible, Python, Powershell, .Net Core
- Automation experience and a desire to seek solutions via automation
- Working knowledge of CICD tools
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
APPLY NOW >