Technology & Operations
PostgreSQL DevOps Engineer
Imagine introducing the next generation of technology to a platform in real-time.
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
We are developing the next generation of infrastructure that can effortlessly scale and flex. This capability allows us to adapt to the demanding needs of the business to process and analyse large and varied data sets at speed.
We are looking for an experienced Database DevOps Engineer to join an established team in supporting all aspects of PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Cassandra and future database platforms. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to contribute through self-service and automation. You will gain exposure working on the latest hardware and software technologies in a forward thinking company who value innovation, personal development and training. As a Database DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Support an expanding multi-platform database estate consisting of PostgreSQL, SQL Server, and Cassandra. SQL Server is not essential, as long as there is a willingness to learn. Our PostgreSQL estate will be increasingly rapidly having grown from 0 to 80 instances in the last 6 months
- Working closely with other engineering teams – developing Infrastructure as Code, self-service and Continuous Integration solutions with automation and scripting
- Implementing technologies that will enable the team to transition to a Database as a Service model (K8s, Containers etc.)
- Design and maintenance of a business-critical multi-site environment utilising variety of HADR technologies such as Clustering, Availability Groups, REPMGR, PaceMaker and Corosync
- Advising on design and indexing issues, security, performance tuning and implementing code changes on our supported platforms
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have experience of the following:
- Production DBA experience with PostgreSQL
- Coding/scripting experience in any language, ideally Ansible, Python, Powershell, .Net Core
- Automation experience and a desire to seek solutions via automation
- Working knowledge of CICD tools
- Experience working with SQL Server is desirable
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
APPLY NOW >