Technology & Operations
Database Engineer (SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Cassandra)
Imagine introducing the next generation of technology to a platform in real-time
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
We are developing the next generation of infrastructure that can effortlessly scale and flex. This capability allows us to adapt to the demanding needs of the business to process and analyse large and varied data sets at speed.
We are looking for an experienced Database Engineer to develop our database platforms, which include SQL Server (60%), PostgreSQL (30%) and Cassandra (10%). The right candidate does not need experience on all these platforms but must have a desire to learn and contribute. You will gain exposure to the latest hardware and software technologies in a forward-thinking company who value innovation, personal development and training.
As a Database Engineer, you will:
- Develop the expanding Relational SQL and NoSQL estate
- Maintain a business-critical multi-site database environment utilising a variety of HADR technologies such as Clustering, Availability Groups and Replication
- Advise on design and indexing issues, security, performance tuning and implementing code changes on our supported platforms
- Learn and implement engineering solutions that will help the team develop Infrastructure as Code, Self-Service and CICD pipelines
- Learn and utilise technologies that will enable the team to deliver a “Database Platform as a Service” model (Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes, Containers etc.)
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have:
- Production DBA experience on any of the platforms that we support (SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Cassandra)
- Knowledge of HADR technologies such as Clustering, Availability Groups and Replication
- Strong coding/scripting experience in any language, ideally Ansible, Python, Powershell or .Net Core
- Automation experience and a desire to seek solutions via automation
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Pension with 9% company contribution
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines