Technology & Operations
Linux/DevOps Engineer (Kafka, ELK, Splunk)
Imagine introducing the next generation of technology in real-time
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
We are developing the next generation of infrastructure that can effortlessly scale and flex. This capability allows us to adapt to the demanding needs of the business to process and analyse large and varied data sets at speed.
We are a fast growing software organisation with large distributed systems and extensive testing requirements. As a Linux/DevOps Engineer, you’ll work within a newly formed Distributed Streaming and Logging Platforms team, with a key focus on using Apache Kafka, ELK and Splunk. You will design, engineer and maintain our key distributed Logging and Streaming Platforms.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Designing, engineering, monitoring and expanding the platforms to help deliver a fully featured and secure platform
- Engineering solutions to enable the platforms to run public cloud, on-prem, and on container orchestration technology
- Working closely with various Development and SRE teams to help define standards and best practices
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning
Who are we looking for?
You will have experience with the following:
- Distributed log indexing and searching (e.g. ELK , Splunk, Solar)
- Streaming/messaging systems (e.g. Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Linux engineering/DevOps background
- Orchestration and configuration management
- CI/CD principles
The following would be advantageous, but not necessary:
- Batch and streaming job frameworks (such as Spark, Storm, Nifi)
- NoSQL and time series databases
- Cluster management (e.g. Docker, Apache Mesos, Kubernetes)
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines