Engineering Tools Software Engineer
Imagine writing the code at the core of your company’s success
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
Software Engineering is core to our business. By crafting and implementing real-time systems, our engineers are solving some of the world’s most complex financial problems.
The Shared Components & Architecture group solves problems which cut across the rest of the engineering specialism as well as supporting research and technology. Software engineering tools, continuous integration and delivery pipelines, shared libraries and services, security architecture and development of security software are all in the group’s remit.
The Engineering Tools team within this group is responsible for providing a cutting edge product set for building, testing and deploying software to be used by both the software engineering and research specialisms. Our solutions combine off-the-shelf components such as GitHub Enterprise, Bamboo, Jenkins and Docker with in-house systems to solve the challenge we face in developing a platform which incorporates secure source code.
We aim to make it easy for the whole company to benefit from technologies such as Kubernetes and .NET Core on Linux, to provide a frictionless secure software engineering experience and to accelerate feedback and deployment cycles. This is an exciting and meaningful position that is of great importance to the organisation.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a hands-on software engineer who has the flexibility to switch easily between crafting large scale service-oriented systems, performance optimisation, API design for use in a real time environment and troubleshooting. You will actively follow the latest industry advances and help foster their use at the firm. Financial experience is not necessary but a passion for programming and for high quality system design is vital for this role.
You should also have:
- An understanding of good software architecture, computer science fundamentals and data structures
- Excellent object-oriented programming skills – either in C#, or be willing to cross train from a similar language
- Strong academics – such as a good degree in a technology-related subject and A-Levels to match
- A desire to collaborate with your colleagues to solve complex technical problems
It is desirable but not essential to possess the following:
- Have knowledge of Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery
- Concurrent and distributed systems design
- Secure software engineering
- Engineering large software systems using modern scalable architecture
- Postgraduate qualifications
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines