Technology & Operations
Enterprise Application Support Analyst-Engineer
Imagine introducing the next generation of technology to a platform in real-time.
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
We are developing the next generation of infrastructure that can effortlessly scale and flex. This capability allows us to adapt to the demanding needs of the business to process and analyse large and varied data sets at speed.
We are undergoing a period of significant growth and change and the Enterprise Applications team is critical to meeting these ambitious plans. We are therefore looking for an experienced Application Support AnalystEngineer, to join a growing team of 6 who are responsible for a wide range of software and hardware technologies and infrastructure.
You will work directly with key stakeholders and be part of a highly technical team, looking at root cause analysis, proactive automation, upgrading and troubleshooting and be able to take real ownership of issues and the implementation of new applications and solutions.
The firm is making exciting inroads into Open Source and Cloud technology which is predominantly Linux based, so there is good scope for you to gain exposure to new technologies and help implement and support these platforms.
The responsibilities will include:
- Investigation and research into new solutions, coordinating with stakeholders, project management, development and production teams to deliver the implementation
- Liaising with 3rd party vendors on support issues, licensing and feature requests
- Coordinating the upgrade and maintenance of our existing managed applications
- Providing out-of-hours support on a rotating basis and undertaking business impacting work such as migrations, patching and upgrades as required
- Documentation of processes and procedures
The team support a broad spectrum of applications and platforms for different parts of the business including CICD Orchestration, Backup Infrastructure, Analytics, Messaging, Scheduling, Productivity tooling and monitoring just to touch on a few.
Who are we looking for?
You will be a skilled Analyst/Engineer with 1 – 5 years’ experience and a strong track record of successfully delivering and supporting systems throughout the entire product life-cycle. Equally we are open to someone who is looking to take the career step up from a primary AnalystSupport role with more of a focus on engineering.
One thing you will have in common with the rest of the team is a passion to use technology, and a desire to seek new concepts and ideas to solve complicated problems.
You will have the following skills:
- Experience of LinuxUnix and Windows Operating systems
- Experience of installing and supporting multiple applications
- Good scripting skills (PowerShell, Python, Bash etc) with a desire to improve
- Strong investigative and troubleshooting skills
- A general understanding of networking technologies such as web services, proxy, firewalls and load balancers
- A general understanding of SQL
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines