Full Stack Data Software Engineer
Imagine writing the code at the core of your company’s success
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
Software Engineering is core to our business. By designing and implementing real-time systems, our engineers are solving some of the world’s most complex financial problems.
A challenging full stack software engineering role is open within Data Events, a specialised team in the Data Development Group (DDG). We use new and existing data resources to provide automated solutions for our data operations teams. Our responsibility ranges from the interpretation and modelling of exotic third party data sets to the full design and engineering of core data tooling for use throughout the company. There are excellent opportunities to use cutting-edge technologies for both greenfield and brownfield development.
As a full stack engineer in Data Events, you will take control of the direction of projects and regularly interact with professionals from diverse areas of the business. You will work in a collaborative environment with a high degree of autonomy to deliver outstanding data solutions.
Primary responsibilities of the role will include:
- Liaising with operational teams to identify key areas and gather requirements for workflow improvement
- Designing and implementing high-quality code to deliver automated, robust solutions
- Building cutting-edge tools and infrastructure to support core facilities in the firm
- Strong data management skills; advising cross-team initiatives; assessing frontier technologies
- Optimising data storage and modelling
Key technologies that we use include: Agile, TDD, SOA, Micro services, REST, Kotlin, .Net, Angular, EDA, Kafka, SQL, NoSQL, DDD and Event Sourcing
Who are we looking for?
The candidate must be a strong, competent, and practical software engineer. They should be enthusiastic and have a genuine interest in the latest software technology. This role is ideally suited to an engineer who is keen to work closely with potentially non-technical customers to produce outstanding, measurable solutions to the business.
Candidates must possess the following:
- A proven ability to develop high-quality software in an OO language
- An appreciation of good software architecture, CompSci fundamentals & data structures
- Demonstrable understanding of database design and use, both relational and non-relational
- A proven track record of full stack engineering and experience with a frontend technology, ideally TypeScript
The following is preferred but not required:
- Experience with SOA, distributed systems
- Experience of TDD and the ability to write clean code
- Experience of agile methodologies and a familiarity with retrospectives and continuous improvement processes
- A keen interest in applying continuous delivery principles
Financial experience may be useful but is not required. Candidates from non-financial backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines