Information Assurance Specialist (Control Assurance)
Imagine being given the remit to secure the data, not pass an audit.
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
Keeping our ideas safe and secure is crucial to our success. That’s why we use pioneering techniques that predict and protect us from attacks. Together, we’re building the next generation of security approaches and thinking.
You will join the Security Assessment and Assurance (SAA) Department which has overall responsibility for security risk and assurance here at G-Research. You will be part of the Control Assurance (CA) team responsible for delivering assessments of the effectiveness of critical and complex security controls, both procedural and technical. Team members combine expertise and imagination to develop and use innovative methods to search for potential weaknesses in the organisation’s security posture.
As an Information Assurance Analyst on the CA team you will play a key role in the identification, coordination, and reporting of security testing. You will work with the penetration testing/adversarial emulation team to create reports for consumption by both technical teams and senior management. You will plan, coordinate, and conduct testing of procedural security controls and also coordinate technical aspects for penetration tests. You will assist with the automation of security assurance testing through the identification of requirements, creation of use cases, and coordination with teams throughout the business to ensure implementation.
Who are we looking for?
- You will have a minimum of two years of experience within a delivery-focused or consulting information security role, with demonstrable knowledge of IT control and assurance frameworks.
- You will have a broad knowledge of information security domains and enterprise technology, preferably including cloud technologies, software development, and security testing.
- Strong communications skills with a high proficiency in written English is required along with the ability to communicate complex information clearly to both technical and business audiences.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines