Technology & Operations
Infrastructure Engineer (VMware, Active Directory, PowerShell)
Imagine using industry leading technology to predict the future
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
We are developing the next generation of infrastructure that can effortlessly scale and flex. This capability allows us to adapt to the demanding needs of the business to process and analyse large and varied data sets at speed.
The Infrastructure, Virtualisation and Services team are responsible for the global corporate virtualisation and VDI platforms as well as Exchange, multiple Windows Active Directory domains and a number of third party products for Source Control.
At the time of writing, the environment (for which we are responsible) consists of ~7500 machines (60% virtualized) and is growing rapidly. This includes a sizable and growing Linux server estate, for which all virtualisation and corporate systems have to cater.
The responsibilities of the role include:
• 80:20 project to support work. Support items are escalated internally from our operations team whilst projects tend to be “owned” by the individual
• Active participation in the strategic development of “the platform”, contributing ideas in line with the company and team direction
• Using Jira and Confluence to detail changes made and update system documentation
Who are we looking for?
You’ll need to be self-driven, hardworking and demonstrate strong problem solving skills, along with the technical experience needed to build high-performance, resilient solutions.
You will have the following:
- Strong and previously demonstrated experience with:
o Active Directory, Exchange, Windows Server
o VMware (VSphereHorizonVSAN) and hyper-converged technologies.
o ScriptingProgramming background – PowerShell is essential
- Knowledge of automation tools (Ansible/Teraform/Jenkins etc) as well as an understanding of Linux would be beneficial
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Solid stakeholder management and verbal/written communication skills
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines