Technology & Operations
IT Service Desk Analyst
Imagine introducing the next generation of technology to a platform in real-time.
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
We are developing the next generation of infrastructure that can effortlessly scale and flex. This capability allows us to adapt to the demanding needs of the business to process and analyse large and varied data sets at speed.
We are looking for an IT Service Desk Analyst to work within the IT division. This is more than a first line support role; all members of the team have an agreed amount of time to spend on project work and training, and from day one, will be dealing with a large range of technologies. The IT Service Desk Analyst take responsibility for looking after our systems and responding to alerts, including:
- Monitoring complex in-house systems
- Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange management
- Vmware ESX virtual infrastructure
- Desktop PC upgrades and deployments
- Server upgrades and deployments
- Server and workstation hardware, diagnostics and repair
- Software upgrades, including trading and general infra applications
- Backup infrastructure and disaster recovery plans
- Automated software packaging and build system
- Perl scripts and PowerShell cmdlets to automate daily tasks
This is a hands-on technical role with great opportunity for development into a specialist IT Systems role. The successful candidate will work closely alongside senior team members who will be able to help with advice, troubleshooting, training and project work.
There are excellent future opportunities to work with senior systems administrators in our many specialist sub-teams. Example projects can range from rolling out Vmware ESX and virtual infrastructure for a remote office to improving environment monitoring systems in our datacentres.
Who are we looking for?
- You will be bright with a drive, energy and a passion for technology.
- You will be someone who possesses some form of IT related experience, an internship is fine.
- G-Research has high academic hiring standards, and we are looking for qualified candidates with a 2:1 degree or strong grades at A-levels or BTEC.
- One thing all successful candidates have in common is a motivation to use technology, new concepts and new ideas to solve complicated problems.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines