G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
We are growing our Legal team, whose principal function is to provide comprehensive commercial legal advice to the General Counsel and wider business, ensuring the delivery of efficient, effective and commercially minded legal solutions.
We deal with a wide and interesting variety of legal issues, ranging from technology to employment, financial regulatory and corporate matters. We solve challenging legal problems every day, and this role provides an exciting opportunity to marry complex legal theory with commercial reality.
Our flat structure allows you to stand out and advise on strategic matters from the outset.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with a strong legal grounding, and with the right mind-set to be able to apply legal principles in practice to every day issues.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2 to 4 years PQE as a solicitor in England & Wales including significant commercial, corporate or financial legal experience.
- Direct experience in the drafting and negotiation of commercial agreements, financial services regulation, trade secrets/intellectual property protection, data privacy law and employment.
- Ability to draft clear, professional and legally robust correspondence, contractual documentation, policies and other documentation as required, with appropriate form and style.
- Ability to communicate clearly and adapt style of advice to suit variety of clients.
- Excellent academics, to include a minimum 2.1 degree or equivalent
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines