Technology & Operations
Linux Big Data Engineer
Imagine using industry leading technology to predict the future
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
We are developing the next generation of infrastructure that can effortlessly scale and flex. This capability allows us to adapt to the demanding needs of the business to process and analyse large and varied data sets at speed.
We are growing and with that are making a strategic move towards from a Predominantly Windows House to Linux. You will be critical in driving the expansion of the Linux Infrastructure and its reach within G-Research. We need you to help guide and drive the expansion of Linux and Big Data technologies and their reach within G-Research. You will be part of the driving force behind the adoption of Linux based applications and big data technologies such as Splunk and Hadoop. You will use these technologies to build systems of high quality, with a focus on scalability, resiliency, security and automation.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will at minimum have experience in the following areas:
- Strong Linux/Unix experience.
- Scripting (e.g. Bash, Python, Perl).
- Orchestration tools (such as Ansible).
- Automation via the use of configuration management (such as Puppet or Chef).
- Strong understanding of Linux OS core principles, performance and tuning.
- Experience in architecting, implementing and supporting applications running on Linux.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
APPLY NOW >