Technology & Operations
Imagine introducing the next generation of technology to a platform in real-time
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
We are developing the next generation of infrastructure that can effortlessly scale and flex. This capability allows us to adapt to the demanding needs of the business to process and analyse large and varied data sets at speed.
You will be building out our highly scalable Linux Platform, focusing on automation and configuration management systems. You will identify opportunities to engineer and automate using the principles of Infrastructure as Code to deliver and make improvements in key areas, such as:
- Server provisioning process for both Physical, Virtual and Cloud systems
- Regular patching – OS and hardware components
- OS upgrades between major and minor release versions
- Implementing next generation monitoring solutions to gather metrics for use in alerting, diagnostics and generating SLO, KPI, KRI and SLA’s
- Security hardening and low latency tuning
- Immutable Infrastructure and rolling rebuilds
In return we will provide an exciting and challenging work environment working with some of the best engineers in the industry. Investment in technology, training, conference attendance, career development and cross team growth opportunities.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- Strong Linux/Unix experience
- Scripting (e.g. bash, Python, Perl) and automation experience
- Good understanding of OS core principles, performance and tuning
- Experience with configuration management application (such as Puppet or Chef)
- Knowledge of orchestration and automation tools (such as Ansible and Rundeck)
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
APPLY NOW >