Low Latency Execution Platform Software Engineer
Imagine writing the code at the core of your company’s success
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
Software Engineering is core to our business. By designing and implementing real-time systems, our engineers are solving some of the world’s most complex financial problems.
The Low Latency Execution Platform team is part of the Low Latency Engineering Group at G-Research and we’re looking for an exceptional developer with a strong academic background to work directly on several components across crucial parts of the realtime investment platform. The team is responsible for improving and maintaining a system that is used globally, 24 hours a day in multiple asset classes – as such there is an element of support to the role.
This role involves both working on a live system with strict performance requirements and providing tool & simulation support for our quant teams to allow them to research and deploy improvements to the realtime investment platform. The role is business critical as it will be working directly on the core investment systems, with integration to upstream and downstream components and the teams who look after them.
The team develops components in both C++ and C#. The primary focus of the role is on the execution components in the realtime investment platform.
The work is a combination of:
- Designing and building new components in the investment pipeline
- Improving, optimizing and extending the capabilities of existing systems
- Collaborating with and taking direction from quant researchers and analysts on smaller experimental projects
- The team operates in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment – we are looking for an Engineer who is capable of making quick decisions and is comfortable being accountable for the success or failure of their work.
Who are we looking for?
You will be an enthusiastic, intelligent software engineer who is able to solve real-world problems. You should be able to work well as part of a software development team as well as individually.
Required skills and experience:
- Proven ability to develop high quality software at varying levels of experience.
- Experience with C#, Java, C++ or other mainstream modern programming languages.
- Appreciation of good software architecture, data structures and algorithms.
- Excellent academics: 2.1 or better in computer science or a numerate subject from a top university is preferred
Why should you apply?
You will have the opportunity to work on challenging problems in a low-latency environment and to see your code running in production. There is also:
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines