Machine Learning Researcher
Imagine discovering something undiscovered
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
We use the latest scientific techniques and advanced data analysis methods to discover the undiscovered. Our researchers are free to explore ideas, finding patterns in large, noisy and real-world data sets to predict the movements in global financial markets.
You will employ cutting edge machine learning methods drawn from diverse areas such as neural networks and deep learning; non-convex optimisation; Bayesian non-parametrics and approximate inference.
Working on a number of small number of projects concurrently, you will extend classical methods and develop entirely novel ideas; read the latest publications in the field for discussion within the firm’s research community, and attend the leading conferences worldwide.
This is a pure research role where you will have the freedom to develop and test your ideas with real-world data in an environment that resembles academia: you are only limited by your imagination!
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will at minimum have experience in the following areas:
- An interest in practical and theoretical machine learning is a must
- Either a post-graduate degree in ML or related discipline, or commercial experience developing novel ML algorithms. We will also consider exceptional candidates with a proven record of success in online data science competitions (e.g. Kaggle).
- Excellent reasoning skills and mathematical ability are crucial: the textbook methods rarely work on our data, and you will need to understand how to fix them.
- Experience with object-oriented or functional programming is desirable: you will be developing your own models and need to operate with our existing codebase.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
APPLY NOW >