Technology & Operations
Network Security Engineer (Contract)
Imagine introducing the next generation of technology to a platform in real-time.
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
We are developing the next generation of infrastructure that can effortlessly scale and flex. This capability allows us to adapt to the demanding needs of the business to process and analyse large and varied data sets at speed.
As a Network Security Engineer, you will be working on key network design projects for the business with tier support. This will include Hybrid Cloud implementations, F5 automations and Fortinet deployment. A key aspect of this role will be to help design and deploy a perimeter network based on multiple use cases.
As a business, we are extremely keen on automation and embedding a DevOps culture. With this in mind, you’ll be building supportable solutions that reduce operational cost.
Who are we looking for?
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience of working with Fortinet FW’s
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience of working with Checkpoint FW’s
- Perimeter security design/deployment experience
- CCNP level network skills
- Ability to train junior engineers
- Ability to define best practices when using Fortinet FW’s
- IDS/IPS deployment in the last 2 years