Technology & Operations
Imagine introducing the next generation of technology to a platform in real-time.
G-Research is embarking on a transformation journey and step change in how it deliveries infrastructure and associated open source technologies. The business has big plans to invest in a hybrid cloud platform on which to build the next generation of applications, distributed platforms and deliver development efficiencies. The foundation of the hybrid platform will be the on-prem private cloud offering built upon OpenStack.
There is a big focus on applying automation, Infrastructure as Code and using CI tools and methodologies in all of our engineering work. We are using opensource tooling and best practices to increase the pace of delivery. We are working hard to embed a Continuous Improvement culture and philosophy across the organisation and are striving to learn from the best practitioners in the industry. This could be you!
You’ll work on a Greenfield project to be delivered by a newly formed cloud delivery team seeded by existing infrastructure teams. You will help to design and build our new private cloud platform and help drive the adoption and expansion of the platform whilst also working closely with Linux Engineers, Developers, Security and other infrastructure teams.
You will also:
- Design and deploy a highly scalable and secure OpenStack platform
- Use Infrastructure as Code principles to build and maintain the stack
- On-board and own various OpenStack Projects including upstream changes
- Upgrade and patch the OpenStack platform
- Deliver performance diagnostics, tuning, and security hardening
- Implement next generation monitoring solutions, immutable Infrastructure, and rolling rebuilds
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have experience with:
- Building and running large production OpenStack platforms
- Linux Engineering/Devops, ideally on Red Hat/CentOS
- Coding/scripting experience – Python, Bash etc
- Network administration and diagnostic experience
- Distributed block storage setup and maintenance – Ceph or similar
- Distributed object storage setup and maintenance – Swift or similar
- Integrating with core infrastructure service and technologies
- Configuration/Orchestration tools and workflows
- Performance tuning throughout the stack
- CI/CD frameworks to enable IaC, automation and testing, such as Jenkins
- Metric collecting, storage and dashboard technologies
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines