Operational Risk Lead
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
G-Research is formalising and maturing its Operational Risk function. As a critical part of this we are forming an Operational Risk group within the Trading Platform Services (TPS) business area. TPS works closely with our customer to ensure they have a high performance, resilient and risk managed trading platform and this role covers the Operational Risk elements of this relationship. The role reports into the Head of TPS.
The role will encompass all aspects of Operational Risk excluding Security Risk. This includes Platform and Infrastructure Risk (IT Risk), business continuity and the operational safety of a systematic trading platform.
We want you to partner with teams across the business to help us identify, score and, where appropriate, mitigate our operational risks. To achieve this you’ll need to make operational risk meaningful to everyone in the company and ensure the framework and processes exist to facilitate this. Cultural change and widespread buy-in are key success criteria for this role.
You will form a close working relationship with our business assurance function and will be comfortable facing off to board level sponsors.
A strategic approach will be key to working towards a comprehensive enterprise level Operational Risk framework that is aligned with business strategy at every level.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- A proven track record of leading an Operational Risk function
- Ability to define an Operational Risk strategy and drive the execution of this
- Ability to quickly understand how a business works and the risk appetite that exists
- Relationship building across the firm, up to board level, and achieving buy-in at all levels of the organisation
- Operating in a highly technical environment where the rapidly evolving platforms, using the latest technology, need to be risk managed
- Facilitation skills to face off to stakeholders and drive identification of root causes and their resolutions
- Exposure to current thinking in technology GRC
- Awareness of Financial markets and trading platforms advantageous
- G-Research has high academic hiring standards and prefers degree qualified candidates. One thing all successful candidates have in common is a passion to use technology, new concepts and new ideas to solve complicated problems.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines