Platform & Infrastructure Risk Manager
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
This role sits within the Trading Platform Services business area reporting to the Head of Operational Risk, focusing on the identification and management of operational risk as it pertains to the trading platform and technology infrastructure. The successful candidate will work with the Head of Operational Risk and others to drive the operational risk roadmap and cultural adoption. The main responsibilities are:
- Own the identification and management of operational risk as it pertains to the trading platform and technology infrastructure through close partnership with relevant teams
- Offer technical direction on the implementation of technology risk mitigation
- Maintain and develop the business continuity plans to ensure they are up to date and easily accessible
- Develop and collate Key Risk Indicators
- Make sound conclusions and recommendations using a structured framework to manage relevant operational risk
- Further the implementation of the operational risk framework to mature G-Research’s operational risk capability
- Drive quality of output and maintenance of stakeholder confidence by taking personal accountability for accuracy and quality of work
Who are we looking for?
This is a challenging role where goals and objectives may change as we mature our operational risk capability. Often you’ll need to prioritise work and deliver outcomes that may conflict with other teams’ goals and objectives, but ultimately you will be working to manage risk at G-Research and bringing others with you on the journey to a mature and successful operational risk function.
The ideal candidate will have experience across the following areas:
- Relationship building: critical to this role is the ability to build mutual respect for one another to facilitate the identification of relevant information and manage responses to identified risk
- Intellectual curiosity: a questioning approach and a desire to discover operational risks to G-Research and their root causes
- Operational risk identification and management
- Ability to thrive in an environment of continual change and improvement
- Strong analytical, negotiation and management skills
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme with 9% company contribution
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines