Trading Platform Services Engineering Lead
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
As the Platform Services Engineering Lead you will be responsible for the development of our customer facing products that are used to operate and manage a global platform.
As part of the Engineering organisation, you will solid line report into the Head of Engineering and dotted line report into the Head of Platform Services. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Management of at least three multi-disciplined engineering teams.
- Ensure software adheres to the firm’s software engineering principles and roadmap.
- Guides teams in the organisation in anticipation of future use cases and helps them make design decisions that minimise the cost of future changes.
- Building and maintaining a strong customer relationship to ensure the needs of the customer are met with respect to software delivery.
- Reducing operational and financial risks by building clear and intuitive products, essential for managing a global platform.
- Takes ownership of decisions made in the engineering organisation by helping organisation members make clear decisions in alignment with organisational goals, backing decisions made, and taking responsibility for their success.
- Ensures cross-team dependencies are noted and well understood by all teams involved and other relevant stakeholders. Works across teams to foster a culture of priority setting and urgency in alignment with organisational strategy.
- Raises awareness for the impact of decisions and ensures accountability throughout the organisation.
- Fostering an organisational culture of mentoring by seeking out mentoring opportunities for others, and supporting others in their growth as mentors.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- A track record of effective stakeholder management.
- The ability to work across the organisation to foster a culture of architecture that allows for iterative, autonomous development and future scaling.
- Proven ability to deliver complex technical projects on time and to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Experience of building high performing technology teams for both brown and green field projects.
- A background in software engineering and managing software engineering projects.
- Proven ability to manage through effective delegation and goals setting, coupled with the capacity to listen and give clear direction without knowing the detail.
- Experience of mentoring across an organisation in an open, empathetic manner.
- Excellent customer facing skills and the ability to elicit requirements when no clear specification is available.
- Financial Market experience is advantageous but not essential.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines