Quant Operations – Software Engineering Internship
Imagine writing the code at the core of your company’s success.
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
Software Engineering is core to our business. By designing and implementing real-time systems, our engineers are solving some of the world’s most complex financial problems.
G-Research develops and maintains an incredibly successful set of research, analysis and real-time platforms used within the quantitative finance arena. We are transforming these platforms from a suite of mostly in-house enterprise solutions to cloud style distributed systems that leverage the best of open source and third party offerings. Join us to be at the centre of this exciting change and have the opportunity to work with technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Cassandra, .NET Core, Docker, Kubernetes and more as we make the transition.
As we evolve our technology we are also evolving the way we work. Innovation happens at the blurry edge of disciplines so we work cross-functionally to generate new ideas and business opportunities. Developers work closely with our quantitative research groups to deliver outstanding data, taking ownership of the full design and implementation lifecycle of projects.
We are currently seeking the brightest students to join us for the summer between their penultimate and final year of study. We offer internships lasting between 12 weeks and 6 months. Joining G-Research as an Intern will enable you to develop knowledge of working with successful legacy systems as they are modernised; a highly sought after skill.
If you’re an innovator, intellectually curious, and want to build world class software, then you’ll find friends and a home with us. You will be performing a challenging and satisfying software development role as part of an existing team, delivering improvements to our production code
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Enhancing and supporting the existing trade technology platform and associated toolset.
- Designing and implementing high quality code to work with large data sets.
- Research on raw data, working with quant teams to ensure data quality and value.
- Database design and query performance, optimisation enhancements, where possible.
- Maintaining and enhancing existing infrastructure and data processing tools responsible for regular handling of many significant data feeds.
- Responding to the ever-changing requirements of the business.
Who are we looking for?
Successful candidates will be strong, competent and practical software engineers. They should be enthusiastic and have a genuine interest in both software technology and the underlying hardware.
- Excellent academics – candidates should be studying towards a 2:1 or above in Computer Science or Computer Science with Mathematics from a top tier University. You should also have exceptional pre University academics – 360 UCAS points or above (BTEC not applicable)
- Experience with C# or Java.
- Appreciation of good software architecture, core programming techniques and data structures
- Excellent technical communication and problem-solving skills.
- We have a strong preference for candidates who have undertaken at least one Development internship elsewhere
- Financial experience is useful, but is not required
- The right to work in the UK
Induction and Training
Successful candidates will join G-Research on our Internship programme, enabling them an in depth introduction to the world of technology within finance, as well as extensive introductions to the internal workings of the business
Why should you apply?
- Competitive compensation
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
APPLY NOW >