Quant Platform Software Engineer
Imagine writing the code at the core of your company’s success
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
Software Engineering is core to our business. By designing and implementing real-time systems, our engineers are solving some of the world’s most complex financial problems.
Software engineering is core to the success of our business and we are continually looking to expand our engineering function. Our business is to predict the future, and we build software to solve that complex problem.
We are looking for the world’s foremost engineers and take recruitment of the best talent very seriously. Most of our systems are written in C# but we also have specialist teams using C++, Java and F#. We also utilise modern web, distributed and big data technologies, so we have a broad range of software engineering challenges for the right person.
The mission of the Quant Platform team is to provide engineering and technical expertise to enable the business to rapidly capitalise on new opportunities and research ideas. The role is technically challenging, and requires an ability to rapidly adapt to new technologies such that the firm’s technological advantage is maintained. Software is engineered primarily in C# but we employ a ‘best tool for the job’ philosophy.
This is an opportunity to be part of our journey to build a world-leading software engineering practice. We are working hard to embed a Continuous Improvement culture & philosophy across the organisation and are striving to learn from the best practitioners in the industry.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will at minimum have experience in the following areas:
- You will be an intelligent, capable and hands-on engineer who has an excellent academic background and a genuine interest in software. You will demonstrate a proven ability to engineer high-quality software in an OO language and have an appreciation of good software architecture, CompSci fundamental & data structures, as well as experience with Agile, Continuous Delivery and TDD principles.
- Experience of working with a large existing codebase and breaking down monoliths is a definite advantage, as is an interest in finance (though this is not a pre-requisite).
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
APPLY NOW >