G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
Engage with Quantitative Research and Software Engineering teams across the business to discover new performance enhancing opportunities through insights from internal and external sources.
A significant part of the teams’ work will focus on analysing data to spot undesired market behaviour and suggest sensible changes to real-time platforms, feeding conclusions back to our Quant Research and Dev teams.
On the research side, the focus will be on investigating discrepancies between simulation and production, checking performance of newly deployed ideas and continuing to develop targeted metrics to apply across all research strategies. The team also assumes responsibility for speccing out the relevant reports in this area and reviewing them.
There is also a non-reactive aspect which would look at analysing any structural opportunities available externally (exchange membership, additional venues, ordertypes etc.). Key responsibilities include:
- Researching new investment opportunities.
- Identifying and fixing sub optimal behaviour within algorithmic trading.
- Improving our simulation accuracy.
Who are we looking for?
You will combine a technical background with an eye for detail and the drive to proactively track down problems. You should also possess the following:
- A minimum of a 2.1 degree in a technical discipline from a respected university.
- Experience at analysing and drawing conclusions from large data sets.
- Experience of OO or functional programming
- A demonstrable interest in and understanding of financial markets
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines