Quantitative Researcher in Natural Language Processing (NLP)
Imagine beating the efficient market hypothesis with the full big data toolset
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
We use the latest scientific techniques and advanced data analysis methods to discover the undiscovered. Our researchers are free to explore ideas, finding patterns in large, noisy and real-world data sets to predict the movements in global financial markets.
We research systematic investment ideas that predict the future of financial markets, applying scientific techniques to find patterns in large, noisy and rapidly changing real-world data sets. We use the latest machine learning modelling techniques, robust statistical analysis and pattern recognition to analyse thousands of asset price time series, extracting deep insights from big data. Our core business is to try and beat the efficient market hypothesis with the full “big data” tool set. We also build on the latest academic research into optimisation methods to find innovative solutions to the complexities that Markowitz ignored. The exceptional intellectual standard of our research is made possible by our world leading simulation and back testing infrastructure, which uses advanced mathematical techniques and powerful software tools for portfolio construction and market microstructure analysis.
This is a pure research role that would suit those who enjoy finding relationships in large data sets and working out how to interpret these results
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will at minimum have experience in the following areas:
- Be an expert in Natural Language Processing to join a team of quantitative researchers to work on very large text-based data sets, applying the latest techniques for entity recognition and sentiment extraction, with the goal of identifying features of real time text feeds that can we used to predict future behaviour of financial markets. .
- Interested in getting involved in the overall business strategy as this is a new area for G Research, with the opportunity to eventually build out and grow this
- You will be an expert in NLP through academic/ industry experience
- You will have an interest in applying mathematical concepts to real world financial problems, to implementing theoretical insights as working code
- You will have, or be working towards gaining, a Masters or PhD degree in a highly quantitative subject (mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics or engineering.
- Publications at leading NLP conferences such as NIPS, ICML, NLP and ACL will also be an advantage.
Previous financial experience is not required, although interest in finance and the motivation to rapidly learn more is a prerequisite for working here.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
APPLY NOW >