Security Assessment Specialist
Imagine being given the remit to secure the data, not pass an audit.
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
Joining as a Security Assessment Specialist you will work as part of the Security Risk Management Group providing consultancy and oversight for Security across G-Research.
Reporting to the Security Assessment Manager, this role will be responsible for:
- Demonstrating 1st Line of Defence adherence to technical policies and standards
- Supporting Control Owners by providing effectiveness measures against controls along with effectiveness trending
- Supporting Business and Application Owners in determining the effectiveness and assurance of security within their functional area(s)
- Supporting Compliance, Risk and Advisory teams within SRM by providing technical know-how/consulting and assessment of controls, system and policy configuration
- Maintaining a good working relationship with business analytics teams to provide consumer facing metrics/trending dashboards
These are achieved through technical design review, technical assessment and control effectiveness measurement, in accordance with the associated sets of policies and standards to which the controls are measured.
Who are we looking for?
- Extensive experience within a technical role covering a variety of network security technologies, applications and appliances
- Demonstrable background in penetration testing and vulnerability assessment / management including remediation and mitigation advice (including in a business context in relation to identified vulnerabilities)
- Strong experience of validating the effectiveness of a security control through manual and automated means
- Drive, energy and a passion for Information Security technologies with attention to detail
- An inquisitive mind-set and a desire to analyse solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
G-Research has high academic hiring standards and prefers degree qualified candidates. One thing all successful candidates have in common is a passion to use technology, new concepts and new ideas to solve complicated problems.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines