Security Assurance Analyst
The Security Assurance Analyst will work in the Security Assurance (SA) function which is responsible for providing G-Research’s board with independent, evidence-based information about security within G-Research in order to help them oversee and monitor the security of the firm.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting assessments of processes and solutions designed and implemented by governance, product, engineering and operational teams and ensuring they meet the security outcomes defined by the board
- Assisting with writing reports for the board
- Building good working relationships with teams across the business, whilst still maintaining the independence required of an assurance team
- Helping to document, communicate and continuously improve security assurance processes
- Building and maintaining a broad understanding of the company’s technologies, processes, organisation and information flows, and their security threats and vulnerabilities
Who are we looking for?
The SA team combines strong security, analytical and technical skills with appropriate assurance and audit techniques in order to provide the board with valuable, evidence-based expert analysis. As our Security Assurance Analyst, you will focus on helping bring assurance and audit experience to the team and apply it in flexible ways that suit a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organisation.
You will have:
- Good experience in conducting IT and/or information security audits
- Knowledge of information security frameworks such as ISO 27000 and NIST
- A desire to understand and help drive actual security risk reduction
- Experience working with information security, technical infrastructure and/or software development teams
- Capability to build and maintain an understanding of a complex and rapidly changing business
- Enthusiasm and drive for learning and developing new skills and knowledge
- Familiarity with the three lines of defence operating model
- Familiarity with internal audit standards
- Ability to think out of the box and identify suitable approaches without being constrained by standard ways of working
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
G-Research has high academic hiring standards and prefers degree-qualified candidates.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines