Technology & Operations
Security Networks Engineer (F5)
Imagine introducing the next generation of technology to a platform in real-time.
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
We are developing the next generation of infrastructure that can effortlessly scale and flex. This capability allows us to adapt to the demanding needs of the business to process and analyse large and varied data sets at speed.
You will be working on key network design projects for the business with tier 3 support. This will include Hybrid Cloud implementations, F5 automatiions and DNS feasibility.
As a business, we are extremely keen on automation and embedding a DevOps culture. With this in mind, you’ll be building supportable solutions that reduce operational cost.
Who are we looking for?
You will have:
- Strong understanding of the OSI model especially layers 4-7 (such as TCP, HTTP, SSL, AUTH protocols)
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting network devices (such as switches/routers/firewalls) and Application Delivery Controllers (ADC)
- Proven design experience of highly available systems
- Understanding of network routing/switching technologies (such as BGP, VRF, Spanning-Tree, LACP)
- Scripting experience; ideally with Python, Ansible and/or Jinja
- Experience automating F5 configurations
We require specific F5 skills with:
- LTM (Creating VIPs/Pools/health monitors, TMSH, SSL offload, iRules/TCL, SNAT, forward proxy)
- ASM (WAF, Positive security, URL filtering, HTTP methods, parameters JSON/XML, SOAP)
- APM (SAML federation, OAUTH, SSO, WEBTOPs)
- Troubleshooting issues using TCPDUMP and Wireshark
- DNS (ideal but not essential)
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines