Security Policy And Standards Author (Contract)
As our Security Policy and Standards Author, you will be working closely with the Security Risk Management leadership team and the wider business to write security standards for the entirety of G-Research.
G-Research has committed to ensuring that the company’s subject matter experts are involved in the writing of security standards, to deliver against the existing security policies. The author will play a key role in facilitating this documentation process, providing first-class writing support coupled with strong stakeholder management and the ability to secure the correct oversight in a complex organisation.
Once finalised, the standards must be cross-referenced to ensure they present a coherent view of security, that everything has a clear home and they do not overlap.
The author must have exceptional writing and editing skills with prior experience developing security policies, standards and documentation for organisations.
You will be responsible for:
- Stakeholder management of subject matter experts to develop security standards
- Working within the guidelines of existing documentation and joining policy and standards up into one consistent framework
- Preparing a finalised security framework, including security standards, to be delivered for sign-off
- Ensuring the language used enables the business to deliver against security
- Helping to deliver the security message by providing technical writing and editing support
Who are we looking for?
You will be a capable and hands-on contributor. You must be both experienced and enthusiastic about your area of expertise and have a track record of excellence. You will have:
- Significant experience of writing policy and standards
- Working experience of security controls and control frameworks
- Working experience of ISO2700x
- Significant experience of authoring technical documents
- Strong stakeholder management expertise