Security Risk Assurance Technical Specialist
Imagine being given the remit to secure the data, not pass an audit.
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
Keeping our ideas safe and secure is crucial to our success. That’s why we use pioneering techniques that predict and protect us from attacks. Together, we’re building the next generation of security approaches and thinking.
You will join the Security Assurance (SA) Department which has overall responsibility for security risk and control assurance, reporting into the Board. You will play a key role in understanding and communicating the company security outcomes defined by the Board, assessing security processes and decisions across the business to determine if those outcomes are being met, and communicating and managing findings with stakeholders, senior management and the Board.
You will be responsible for:
- Having a deep understanding of the company security outcomes defined by the Board and how they are measured
- Assessing whether processes and decisions across product, engineering and security governance, risk & compliance teams are achieving those outcomes
- Providing periodic, independent, detailed technical assessments of whether strategic programmes are likely to deliver expected security improvements
- Reporting and discussing findings with stakeholders of all levels
- Helping to document, communicate and continuously improve security assurance processes
- Helping to evolve how the Board articulate, measure and manage security outcomes
Who are we looking for?
You will be keen to work for a fast-moving, technology-focused company in a team that has the remit, responsibility and Board-level visibility to make a real difference. You will have:
- at least five years of experience in a security design role
- strong technical aptitude including the ability to understand technical architecture, solutions and attack scenarios, and a desire to understand and assess technical processes and decisions across the whole business whilst still applying and building technical knowledge
- strong knowledge of security best practices, and infrastructure and application security concepts;
- a good understanding of security risk management
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines