Senior IT Auditor
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
Our newly formed Business Information Controls Assurance (BICA) function is responsible for enhancing risk management through performing Programme Assurance over change initiatives and through Controls Testing across G-Research’s IT and operational controls. BICA provides independent assurance back to the Board that all change is well controlled and will deliver the expected benefits, as well highlighting any key control failures requiring their attention.
As a business we are going through an exciting period of growth and transformation. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced assurance professional who has a proven track-record of delivering effective assurance work in a fast paced dynamic environment. You will be responsible for scoping & delivering IT controls testing work as well as programme assurance across the various functions of GR.
As a Senior IT Auditor, , you will work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping Senior Management and the Board to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the delivery and management of programme assurance and IT controls testing, while reporting to the Head of BICA and above
- Train and lead staff
- Establish effective working relationships directly with stakeholders across GR
- Contribute to the development of your own and the team’s technical acumen
- Keep up to date with the latest testing techniques and tools to continually develop the BICA team
- Continue to develop internal relationships
- Undertaking special projects and investigations as required
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a senior IT Auditor with a proven ability to either direct teams and deliver yourself, pieces of assurance and testing work that result in business value and bring about positive changes to a business’s risk management environment. You should also possess the breadth of experience necessary to deliver technical and thought leadership across a high-performance specialist team.
Key attributes for success include:
- Professional auditor or Risk and Controls professional with core assurance and testing skills
- Holding a recognised testing or Audit qualification (e.g. CISA)
- Experience in auditing IT and operational controls
- Strong analytical and technical audit skills
- Identifying and effectively reporting any issues and recommendations for improvement, as well as drafting the related sections of formal reports
- The ability to work effectively building good working relationships with both colleagues and other personnel at all levels
- Experience in supervising and developing staff
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels
- Flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of the wider team
Why should you apply?
- Unique opportunity to join a team shortly after its inception and at a senior level, in a function mandated by the Board and Executive Management Team
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines