Software Engineer (Control Assurance)
Imagine being given the remit to secure the data, not pass an audit.
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
Keeping our ideas safe and secure is crucial to our success. That’s why we use pioneering techniques that predict and protect us from attacks. Together, we’re building the next generation of security approaches and thinking.
You will join the Security Assessment and Assurance (SAA) Department which has overall responsibility for security risk and assurance here at G-Research. You will be part of the Control Assurance (CA) team responsible for delivering assessments of the effectiveness of critical and complex security controls, both procedural and technical. Team members combine expertise and imagination to develop and use innovative methods to search for potential weaknesses in the organisation’s security posture.
As a software engineer on the CA team you will play a key role in the requirements, design, development, and implementation of security test automation solutions. You will support the CA team in development of solutions to automate reoccurring penetration test activities and other day-to-day team activities. You will develop solutions to integrate into the organisation’s CI/CD pipeline. You will assist penetration test and adversary emulation activities by helping review code of products to identify potential areas of weakness and assisting penetration testers in the development of proof of concept exploit code.
Who are we looking for?
- You will have at least four years of experience working in software development and delivery in an agile type environment and a desire to develop tools that focus on information security and penetration testing.
- You will have experience with common programming languages including C#, Python, Powershell, Scala/Java, C/C++.
- You will have be able to turn ideas into solutions, from the definition and creation of requirements and use cases, through development, to the delivery of polished solutions.
- Experience with graph database technologies such as Neo4j and experience with the Go programming language would be highly beneficial.
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines