Software Engineer (Engineering tools)
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
Software Engineering is core to our business. By designing and implementing real-time systems, our engineers are solving some of the world’s most complex financial problems.
The Software Engineering Services group solves problems which cut across the rest of the development organisation as well as supporting research and production.
The Engineering Tools team within this group is responsible for providing a cutting edge product set for building, testing and deploying software to be used by both the development and research organisations. Our solutions combine off the shelf components such as GitHub Enterprise, Bamboo, Jenkins and Docker with in house systems.
We aim to make it easy for the whole company to benefit from technologies such as Kubernetes and .NET Core on Linux, in order to provide a frictionless, secure development experience and to accelerate feedback and deployment cycles.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Crafting large scale service-oriented systems.
- Software performance optimisation.
- API design for use in a real time environment.
- Actively follow industry advances and foster their use
Who should apply?
You will be an enthusiastic and capable engineer with an understanding of good software architecture, computer science fundamentals and data structures. Financial experience is not necessary but a passion for programming and for high quality system design is vital for this role.
Required skills and experience:
- Excellent object-oriented programming skills – either in C#, or willing to cross train from a similar language
- Strong academics – such as a good degree in a technology-related subject and A-Levels to match
- Enjoy collaborating with your software engineering colleagues to solve technical problems
Further desirable characteristic and experience:
- Good knowledge of Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery
- Concurrent and distributed systems design
- Secure software engineering
- Engineering large software systems using modern scalable architecture
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines