Technical Innovation Group
Software Engineer – Technology Innovation Group
Imagine introducing the next generation of technology to a platform in real-time.
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
We are developing the next generation of infrastructure that can effortlessly scale and flex. This capability allows us to adapt to the demanding needs of the business to process and analyse large and varied data sets at speed.
The Technology Innovation Group (TIG) explore and assess new technologies for use in our core platforms. They work with internal stakeholders to identify needs, build proofs of concept, and create pilot implementations based on these technologies. We also do horizon scanning to stay abreast of emerging technologies and work with suppliers and external researchers to obtain early visibility and technology trials.
You will be driving a new culture to change the pace in which we use the latest technologies. You will be part of an innovation team, in a very dynamic role, trialling new technologies and supporting proof of concepts. This environment includes storage and virtualisation platforms in the lab server room and cloud environments, as well as a mixture of workstations and GPUs.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Developing software around new technologies to prove what it can do or stress test it as part of a PoC
- Finding leading and new development tools for installation in the lab workstation standard builds
- Supporting / development of scripts to automate or customise operation of innovation lab workstations and servers so they better meet the needs of developers trialling new tech
- Developing frameworks or libraries to accelerate the creation of new PoCs
- Developing demonstrators showing how to use new technologies or benchmark performance
- Developing batch and real-time stress-test suites and simulations across the full data science stack
- Supporting migration of builds between different on premise and cloud environments
Who are we looking for?
You will have experience in more than one programming language and be open to discovering the latest innovations in software engineering and devops. Our software stack is diverse from C#, C++, F# through to Java, Python, Scala and Kubernetes, so there are so many opportunities to work with technologies that interests you.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines