Imagine writing the code at the core of your company’s success
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
Software Engineering is core to our business. By designing and implementing real-time systems, our engineers are solving some of the world’s most complex financial problems.
We are looking for the world’s foremost engineers and take recruitment of the best talent very seriously. Most of our systems are written in C# but we also have specialist teams using C++, Java and F#. We also utilise modern web, distributed and big data technologies, so we have a broad range of software engineering challenges for the right person.
This is an opportunity to be part of our journey to build a world-leading software engineering practice. We are working hard to embed a Continuous Improvement culture & philosophy across the organisation and are striving to learn from the best practitioners in the industry.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will at minimum have experience in the following areas:
- You will be an intelligent, capable and hands-on engineer who has an excellent academic background
- Have a genuine interest in both software technology & the underlying hardware.
- You will demonstrate a proven ability to engineer high-quality software in an OO language
- Have an appreciation of good software architecture, CompSci fundamentals & data structures
- Working knowledge of Agile, Continuous Delivery and TDD principles.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines