Technical Innovation Group
Technical Project Manager (Technology Innovation Group)
Imagine introducing the next generation of technology to a platform in real-time.
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
We are developing the next generation of infrastructure that can effortlessly scale and flex. This capability allows us to adapt to the demanding needs of the business to process and analyse large and varied data sets at speed.
The Technology Innovation Group (TIG) explore and assess new technologies for use in our core platforms. We work with internal stakeholders to identify needs, build proofs of concept, and create pilot implementations based on these technologies. We also do horizon scanning to stay abreast of emerging technologies and work with suppliers and external researchers to obtain early visibility and technology trials.
You will manage the various projects and interactions TIG has with different stakeholders internally and externally. We need you to focus the team on work that can be done now, whilst maintaining a pipeline of work from both new requests and blocked projects that can restart.
Your activities will include:
- Working with software engineers, technology specialists, technology vendors and senior stakeholders
- Project governance, documentation, meeting orchestration and stakeholder management
- Creating and managing milestone plans, technical dependencies and task lists / Kanban boards
- Producing reports and dashboards for tracking and communications to senior management
- Managing virtual teams comprised of TIG members, part-time secondments and vendors
Who we are looking for?
You will have at least four years technical project management experienced, be organised, approachable and able to communicate effectively at all levels and with technical and non-technical staff. You will also:
- Be a structured thinker able to juggle multiple projects running alongside each other with changing priorities and scope over time and able to see and manage the interdependencies
- Have worked in technology roles or high-tech firms and be comfortable drilling into the details of technical projects to facilitate dialogue between different deeply technical teams and external companies
- Understand and manage the priorities and dependencies
- Have an interest in new technology and people and be keen to get the most out of the team, whilst supporting the development of individuals both through the work they are given and other training or activities they may be involved in
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines