Technology & Operations
Technology placement year
Imagine introducing the next generation of technology to a platform in real-time
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
We are developing the next generation of infrastructure that can effortlessly scale and flex. This capability allows us to adapt to the demanding needs of the business to process and analyse large and varied data sets at speed.
This is an exciting opportunity for a student studying for a Computer Science, Computer Systems, Cyber Security or Networks-related degree to join our Technical Support team as part of a placement year in industry.
You will spend 12 months working within one of our Engineering or Technology teams. These include Technical Support, Security Operations, Linux Operations, Windows Operations, Infrastructure and Corporate Applications. We will work with you to find you your best fit.
This is primarily a first line support/operations role where you will be working alongside a mentor and experienced members of the team who will provide continuous support and guidance, enabling you to learn rapidly and contribute effectively.
On completion of the placement, you will boast enterprise-level skills in key areas such as:
- Windows administration
- IT troubleshooting skills
- Computer infrastructure
- Networking fundamentals
- Enterprise architecture
- OS fundamentals
- Security Operations
- Linux & Unix administration
Induction and training
Initially you will undertake two weeks of internal training to learn about our IT systems and infrastructure. You’ll be mentored by an existing team member who will be seated near you to answer questions and guide you.
After this initial period is completed you will begin to help out as a member of the team. You will gain an insight into the new technologies being used across a cutting edge financial institution and how the upgrades improve our existing IT Infrastructure.
Who are we looking for?
• This role will suit someone who has a real interest in IT and an aptitude for applying computing concepts and their skills to solve real problems
• The ideal student will have strong grades at either A-levels or BTEC, be studying a Computer Science, Computer Systems, Security or Networks related degree and be on track for a 1st or 2.1
• Must be highly organised, motivated, and eager to learn
Why should you apply?
• Highly competitive compensation
• Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
• Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
• 25 days holiday
• Cycle-to-work scheme
• Subsidised gym membership
• Monthly company events, including a weekend away in Europe
• Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
Please note that this is a Placement Year opportunity and therefore we are only able to consider applications from individuals currently enrolled on a Sandwich course and with a graduation date in 2022.APPLY NOW >