Technology & Operations
Windows Automation Engineer
Imagine introducing the next generation of technology in real-time
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
We are developing the next generation of infrastructure that can effortlessly scale and flex. This capability allows us to adapt to the demanding needs of the business to process and analyse large and varied data sets at speed.
You will cover a breadth of activities from managing and upgrading the current applications, to researching and implementing new technologies. We place a strong emphasis on ‘Infrastructure as Code’ and automation pipelines, alongside advanced troubleshooting and performance monitoring of the Windows estate.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Ensuring and maintaining configuration settings using Desired State Configuration (3500+ Windows hosts)
- Automating zero-touch Windows builds using Ansible and DSC (Infrastructure as a Service)
- Creating, deploying and maintaining Windows OS Images using Packer, Ansible & Jenkins
- Administrating of WSUS infrastructure and rolling out Windows Updates (Ansible AWX)
- General automation and scripting to ease manual processes
- Supporting Chocolatey software infrastructure
Who are we looking for?
You will have:
- Strong coding skills using PowerShell, and ideally experience with JSON, Pester, DSC and/or Ansible
- Substantial experience as a Windows engineer
- Knowledge of CI/CD and GIT principles
- Provisioning of automated solutions using Microsoft technologies
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines