Technology & Operations
Windows Operations Engineer (PowerShell)
Imagine introducing the next generation of technology in real-time
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
We are developing the next generation of infrastructure that can effortlessly scale and flex. This capability allows us to adapt to the demanding needs of the business to process and analyse large and varied data sets at speed.
As a Windows Operations Engineer, you will be responsible for the entire company’s technical infrastructure. You’ll be deploying new applications, upgrading existing systems, ensuring consistent estate performance improvements alongside supporting/maintaining such changes. This will include:
- Software rollouts to 1000’s of Windows machines
- Managing a consistent estate-wide baseline
- Automated software packaging and deployment
- Supporting in-house and 3rd party monitoring and alerting tools for the IT Group
- Co-coordinating large software upgrades across the company
- Benchmarking performance and tuning applications/hardware
- Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange management
- Scripting to automate problems and daily tasks
- Coordinating consultants/support engineers for 3rd party support where required
- Machine provisioning – server and workstation upgrades (win10/Server 2016)
Who are we looking for?
- Windows Servers 2012-2019
- PowerShell scripting
- Knowledge of Office 365, Azure, and/or similar SaaS tools
- Visual Studio, Rider and other Development toolsets
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
APPLY NOW >