Compute Platform Engineer (Kubernetes)
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
G-Research is going through an exciting period of growth and transforming the way we run and build platforms. As part of this transformation we are looking for highly skilled engineers to join our expanding Compute Platform Engineering team. The role is new and hence offers the right person a chance to really make their mark in this area and strongly influence design and approach.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Developing applications to build and extend our compute platform
- Owning the design, build, monitoring and expansion of the platform to help deliver a fully featured and secure platform on top of which the business can deploy any application including trading and research-critical components
- Working closely with various other development teams to help define standards, best practices and aide migration and on-boarding of microservices onto the platform
Who are we looking for?
It is essential that you have experience of the following:
- Continuous integration and deployment
- Strong development skills in at least one of:
- Strong Linux Engineering/DevOps background
- Full stack platform infrastructure:
- SDS (block and Object)
- Passion for open-source
- Technical experience to build high performance, scalable and resilient infrastructure and solutions
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Solid stakeholder management and verbal/written communication skills
One thing all successful candidates have in common is a passion to use technology, new concepts and new ideas to solve complicated problems.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines